MALAGASY LUTHERAN CHURCH
Communion’s prayer, Sunday I after Easter
Week from 09th to 14th April 2018
“Jesus has really risen”
Introduction: “Jesus has really risen”: this justifies and confirms the truthfulness of his resurrection so that it deserves to be accepted and
believed. The main source of disbelief in the Word of God is the “old Adam” in those who are bound by the mind of the flesh so that they can
only accept what they can see, such as Thomas who answeredto his fellow discipleswho had told him, “We have seen the Lord!”,
saying,“unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it” Jn
20:25. This was the reason why Jesus rebuked him saying, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have
not seen and yet have believed” Jn 20:29. For “we live by faith, not by sight” 2 Cor 5:7, as it is written: “but my righteous one will live by faith.
And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him. But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe
and are saved” Heb 10:38-39. For “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen” Heb 11:1.The work of
faith is most powerful, because it is pleasant to God so He justifies those who live and walk by it, such as Abraham who “did not waver
through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had
power to do what He had promised” Rom 4:20-21. By faith we honor God who in return will honor us (1 Sam 2:30), “and without faith it is
impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek
Him” Heb 11:6.To them Jesus „word to Martha applies: “Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?”Jn 11:40
Monday 09: Jesus has really risen, believe Him.
“I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever!” Rev 1:18a.
Reading 1: Mk 16:1-8; Reading 2: Rev 1:12-20; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Rev 1:17-18. Other references:
– “He said to them: „why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself!
Touch me and see; a ghost doesn‟t have flesh and bones, as you see I have” Lk 24:38-39.
– “Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the
Scriptures, and that He appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. After that, He appeared to more than five hundred of the
brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep” 1 Cor 15:3b-6.
Tuesday 10: The witnesses testify that our Lord is alive.
“I know that my Redeemer lives” Job 19:25a.
Reading 1: 1 Cor 15:1-8; Reading 2: Job 19:25-27; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Job 19:25. Other references:
– “And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning” Jn 15:27.
– “The life appeared, we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has
appeared to us” 1 Jn 1:2.
Wednesday 11: Jesus lives forever.
“But the one whom God raised from the dead did not see decay” Acts 13:37.
Reading 1: Jn 11:17-26; Reading 2: Acts 13:26-37; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Acts 13:36-37. Other references:
– “But God raised Him from the dead, freeing Him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold
on Him” Acts 2:24.
– “I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades” Rev 1:18.
Thursday 12: Jesus is the resurrection and the life.
“Because I live, you also will live” Jn 14:19b.
Reading 1: 1 Cor 15:12-23; Reading 2: Jn 14:15-21; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Jn 14:18-19. Other references:
– “Jesus said to her, „I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives
and believes in me will never die” Jn 11:25-26.
– “Little girl, I say to you, get up!” Mk 5:41.
Friday 13: All those who believe in Jesus will never die.
“He who believes in me will live, even though he dies” Jn 11:25b.
Reading 1: Acts 13:26-37; Reading 2: Jn 11:17-26; Preachig 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Jn 11:25. Other references:
– “I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes Him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has
crossed over from death to life” Jn 5:24.
– “Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life” Rev 2:10b.
Saturday 14: Believe in the resurrection of Jesus.
“Why do doubts rise in your minds?” Lk 24:38b.
Reading 1: Rev 12:7-11; Reading 2: Lk 24:36-43; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Lk 24:36-38. Other references:
– “Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; He rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to
believe those who had seen Him after he had risen” Mk 16:14.
– “By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus‟ name and the faith that comes
through Him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see” Acts 3:16.
Note: This pericope is published in Malagasy, French, English and German and can be seen on the site www.hifimadanet.
org and on Facebook “HiFi – english “. © Madanet