FLM TOBY FANANTENANA 67 Ha
Worship Communion 1st Sunday of the New Year and Epiphany
Week from January 02 to January 07, 2017
« Epiphany, the New Year of God »
Introduction: Epiphany, the New Year of God, because the appearance of God through the Messiah or Epiphany aims to bring renewal for
salvation. This is in line with the prophecy spoken by the prophet Isaiah concerning the Servant of the Lord God saying: « The Spirit of the
Lord is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach goodnews to the poor, he have sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to
proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of home-darkness to light, to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord and the day of
vengeance to comfort the distressed » Is.61: 1-2.
Monday, 02: Epiphany, the New Year of God.
« I am making everything new! » Rev.21: 5.
Reading 1: Is.65: 17-20; Reading: Rev.21: 1-5;Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Rev.21: 5.
– « For as the new heaven and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, said the Lord, soshall your seed and
your name » Is.68: 22.
– “No longer, then, do we judge anyone by human standards. Even if at one time we judged Christ according to human
standards, we no longer do so. Anyone who is joined to Christ is a new being; the old is gone, the new has come” 2 Cor.5: 16-
Tuesday, 03: Epiphany, God reveals Himself to be seen by men.
“Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near” Is.55: 6.
Reading 1: Heb.13: 8-16; Reading 2: Is.55: 1-9; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Is.55: 6.
– « Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. My Father will love those who love me; I too
will love them and reveal myself to them »Jn.14: 21.
– « No one can please God without faith, for whoever comes to God must have faith that God exists and rewards those who seek
Him » Heb.11: 6.
Wednesday, 04: Epiphany, God reveals his glory.
“We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father” Jn.1: 14.
Reading 1: Is.61: 1-3; Reading 2: Jn.1: 14-18;Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Jn.1: 14.
– « Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. For darkness shall cover the earth, and
thick darkness the peoples; but the Lord will arise upon you, and his glory will appear over you » Is.60: 1-2.
– « For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and the coming of our Lord
Jesus Christ; but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty » 2 Pet.1: 16.
Thursday, 05: Epiphany, the rising of the light.
« Come, and let us walk in the light of the Lord » Is.2: 5.
Reading 1: Jn.8: 1-12. Reading 2: Is.2: 1-5. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: Is.2: 5.
– « The land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali, in the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee, land of the Gentiles, the people who sat in
darkness have seen a great light; onthose who lived in the shadow of death, the light is sprung up – Is.8: 23; 9: 1 » Mt.4: 15-16.
– « You yourselves used to be in the darkness, but since you have become the Lord’s people, you are in the light » Eph.5: 8.
Friday 06: Epiphany, the tombs are opening.
« Behold, O my people, I will open your graves » Ezek.37: 12a.
Reading 1: Jn.11: 32-44. Reading 2: Ezek.37: 9-14. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: Ezek.37: 12-13.
– « After He had said this, He called out in a loud voice, Lazarus, come out! He came out, his hands and feet wrapped in grave
clothes, and with a cloth round his face » Jn.11: 43.
– « Truly, truly, I say to you: he who hears my word and believes Him who sent me, has life and not be condemned; but is
passed from death to life » Jn.5: 24.
Saturday 07: Epiphany, God’s appearance to destroy unbelief.
« Because you have seen me, you have believed » Jn.20: 29a.
Reading 1: Acts.9: 1-9. Reading 2: Jn.20: 21-29. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: Jn.20: 27-29.
– « And the same hour, they returned to Jerusalem and found the eleven and those with them, gathered together, saying: The
Lord is risen indeed, and has appeared to Simon » Lk.24: 33-34.
– « And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the
Lord »Jn.20: 20.
Note: This pericope is published in Malagasy, French, English and German and can be seen on the sites: www.flm67ha.org;
www.hifi-madanet.org and on Facebook « HiFi – english »