FLM TOBY FANANTENANA 67 Ha
Worship Communion 1st Sunday after Epiphany
Week of January 09 to January 14, 2017
“The year of the Lord’s favor”
Introduction: We wish the New Year to be a year of grace, a year of abundance, a year of success for all our projects and in all aspects of our human life. Yet this can only be fulfilled in God and with Jesus. For “Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain“ Ps.127:1a. Indeed, the Lord declared: “I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing“ Jn.15:5. The Scripture says: “Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act“ Ps. 37:5.
Monday 09: The year of the Lord’s favor, year of God.
“The Lord has anointed me … to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor” Is.61:1b, 2a.
Reading 1: Lk.4:14-21. Reading 2: Is.61:1-3. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: Is.61:1-2. Other references:
– “Today salvation has come to this house” Lk.19:9a.
– “Repent therefore, and turn to God so that your sins may be wiped out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord” Acts 3:19, 20a.
Tuesday 10: The year of the Lord’s favor, year of the work of God.
“My Father is still working, and I also am working” Jn.5 :17.
Reading 1: Is. 43:10-13. Reading 2: Jn.5:10-18. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: Jn.5:17. Other references:
– “Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do” Jn.14:12a.
– “We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming when no one can work” Jn.9:4.
– “Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling” Phil.2 :12b.
Wednesday 11: The year of the Lord’s favor, year of deliverance.
”So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed” Jn.8:36.
Reading 1: Heb.2:11-16. Reading 2: Jn.8:25-38. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 22: Jn.8:36. Other references:
– “And you shall hallow the fiftieth year and you shall proclaim liberty throughout the land to all its inhabitants” Le.25:10.
– “Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of injustice, to undo the thongs of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke?” Is.58:6.
– “And now I will break off his yoke from you and snap the bonds that bind you” Na.1:13.
Thursday 12: The year of the Lord’s favor, year of healing.
“I am going to bring it recovery and healing” Je.33:6a.
Reading 1: Lk.7:1-10. Reading 2: Je.33:1-6. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: Je.33:6. Other references:
– “But for you who revere my name the sun of righteousness shall rise, with healing in its wings” Mal.4 :2.
– “The blind receive their sight, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the poor have good news brought to them” Mt.11 :5.
– “Do you want to be made well?” Jn.5 :6.
Friday 13: The year of the Lord’s favor, the year when the Lord justifies those who are His.
“Those who speak on their own seek their own glory; but the one who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true” Jn.7:18a.
Reading 1: Ps.92:5-15. Reading 2: Jn.7:14-18. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: Jn.7:18. Other references:
– “For those who honor me I will honor, and those who despise me shall be treated with contempt” 1 Sa.2: 30d,e.
– “And those whom he predestined he also called; and those whom he called he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified” Ro.8:30.
– “Let the evildoer still do evil, and the filthy still be filthy, and the righteous still do right, and the holy still be holy” Re.22:11.
Saturday 14: The year of the Lord’s favor, year of God’s retribution.
“He put on garments of vengeance for clothing, and wrapped himself in fury as in a mantle” Is.59:17b.
Reading 1: Mt.25:31-40. Reading 2: Is.59:14-18. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: Is.59:17. Other references:
– “For a long time I have held my peace, I have kept still and restrained myself; now I will cry out like a woman in labor, I will gasp and pant” Is.42:14.
– “They will call on my name, and I will answer them. I will say, ‘They are my people’; and they will say, ‘The Lord is our God’” Zec.13 :9.
– “For it is indeed just of God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, and to give relief to the afflicted” 2 Th.1:6-7a.
Note: This pericope is published in Malagasy, French, English and German, and can be consulted on the websites www.flm67ha.org and www.hifi-madanet.org and on Facebook “HiFi – english”.