FLM TOBY FANANTENANA 67 Ha
Prayer’s communion, Sunday V after Epiphany
Week from February 06 to February 11, 2017
“The believer trusts in God”
Introduction: Trust in God is a characteristic of the believer. It is not the “size of the faith” which comes first for God but its authenticity. Indeed the Lord said: “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it will obey you” Lk 17:6. What matters to God is surely the truthfulness of faith so that He said: “But the righteous live by their faith“ Hab 2:4. The most important thing salvation depends on is the truthfulness of faith, for that reason Jesus warns us through His words: “However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?” Lk 18:8
Monday 06: The believer trusts in God and so receives His blessings.
“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him” Jer 17:7
Reading 1: Ps 37:1-7. Reading 2: Jer 17:5-10. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: Jer 17:7
– “Have faith in the Lord your God and you will be upheld; have faith in His prophets and you will be successful” 2 Chr 20:20b.
– “Do not trust in extortion or put vain hope in stolen goods; though your riches increase, do not set your heart on them” Ps 62:10.
– “Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. This is why ‘it was credited to him as righteousness’” Rom 4:20-22.
Tuesday 07: The believer trusts in God more than in man.
“No one except Jesus” Mt 17:8.
Reading 1: 1 Cor 1:10-18. Reading 2: Mt 17:1-8. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: Mt 17:8.
– “I will glory in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice” Ps 34:2.
– “This is what the Lord says: ‘but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,’ declares the Lord” Jer 9:23.
– “So then, no more boasting about human leaders! All things are yours” 1 Cor 3:21.
– “Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith” Heb 12:2.
Wednesday 08: The believer trusts in God’s grace.
“Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven” Mt 9:2b.
Reading 1: Ps 103:1-8. Reading 2: Mt 9:1-8. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: Mt 9:2.
– “Yet he was merciful; he forgave their iniquities and did not destroy them. Time after time he restrained his anger and did not stir up his full wrath. He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return” Ps 78: 38-39.
– “Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin” Jn 8:11b.
Thursday 09: The believer trusts in God’s salvation.
‘“For I am with you and will rescue you,’ declares the Lord” Jer 1:19b.
Reading 1: Mt 9:18-26. Reading 2: Jer 1:11-19. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: Mt 9:22.
– “My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth” Ps 121:2.
– “Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped Him” Jn 9: 38.
– “Yes, Lord,” she replied, “I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, Who is to come into the world” Jn 11: 27.
Friday 10: The believer trusts in the Word of God.
“But just say the word, and my servant will be healed” Mt 8:8b.
Reading 1: 1 Tim 4:1-10. Reading 2: Mt 8: 1-10. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: Mt 8:8.
– “For the Word of the Lord is right and true; He is faithful in all he does” Ps 33:4.
– “For no Word from God will ever fail” Lk 1:37.
– “For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us—by me and Silas and Timothy—was not “Yes” and “No,” but in him it has always been “Yes.” For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God” 2 Cor 1:19-20.
Saturday 11: The believer grows in trusting God.
“When it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree” Mt 13:32b.
Reading 1: 1 Cor 3:1-3a. Reading 2: Mt 13:31-35. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: Mt 13: 31-32
– “Because you have no room for my Word” Jn 8:37.
– “Only let us live up to what we have already attained” Phil 3:16.
– “But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and forever! Amen”2 Pet 3:18.
Note: This pericope is published in Malagasy, French, English and German and can be seen on the sites: www.flm67ha.org; www.hifi-madanet.org and on Facebook « Hira sy Filazantsara »
© Madanet .