FLM TOBY FANANTENANA 67 Ha
Prayer’s communion, Sunday VI after Epiphany
Week from February 13, to February 18, 2017
“The believers are established in the faith”
Introduction: These times are days of faith-testing, in which one storm seems to follow another―causing the boat of faith of many Christians to capsize. All those who are superficial, those who are not deep-rooted in faith are in trouble. Jesus did not hide this truth when He said: “For false messiah … will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect”Mt 24:24. Many are the voices and teachings which claim to be from God, but they aren’t. So the Apostle John warns us, and says: “Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world”1 Jn 4:1. What can be done? Examine and discern all things, and holdon to the truth (1Thes 5:21). For the “truthfulness of faith” is what saves man. This means the authenticity of the foundation on which they are built and on which they stand firm, for“the righteous person will live by his faithfulness”Hab 2:4. The Apostle Paul urged us: “Stand
firm. Let nothing move you” 1Co15:58a.
Monday 13: The believers are true in the faith.
“But my righteousone will live by faith”Heb 10:38a.
Reading 1: Lk 18:1-8; Reading 2: Heb 10:35-39; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Heb 10: 38.
– “Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?”Jn 11:40.
– “Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth” 1 Jn 3:18.
Tuesday 14: The believers are deep-rooted in the true faith.
“For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ”1 Co 3:11.
Reading 1: Ezech 13: 1-11; Reading 2: 1 Co 3: 5-15; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: 1 Co 3:11
– “Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures: “„The stone the builders rejectedhas become the cornerstone; the Lord has
done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes? (Ps 118: 22-23)” Mt 21:42
– “But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God‟s
curse! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be
under God‟s curse!” Gal 1:8-9.
Wednesday 15: The believers know in whom they believe.
“This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!” Mt 17:5.
Reading 1: 2 Pet 1:12-18; Reading 2: Mt 17:1-9; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Mt 17:5
– “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me” Jn 10: 27.
– “That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that He is
able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day”2Tim 1:12.
– “For we did not follow cleverly devised stories when we told you about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in power, but we were
eyewitnesses of his majesty” 2 Pet 1:16.
Thursday 16: The believers hold on to the Word of God
“But prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit” 2 Pet 1:21b.
Reading 1: Jn 12:44-50; Reading 2: 2 Pet 1:12-18; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: 2 Pet 1:20-21.
– “They read from the Book of the Law of God, making it clear and giving the meaning so that the people understood what was being
read” Neh 8:8.
– “Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her”Lk 10:42.
– ”Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and
examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true” Acts 17:11.
Friday 17: The believers grow in faith.
“The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!” Lk 17:5.
Reading 1: Col 1:9-13; Reading 2: Lk 17:1-6; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Lk 17:5
– “But the word of God continued to spread and flourish” Acts 12:24.
– “We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love
all of you have for one another is increasing” 2 Thes 1:3
– “Rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness” Col 2:7
Saturday 18: The believers persevere in faith.
“Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you“1 Co 15:58a.
Reading 1: Mt 7:24-29; Reading 2: 1 Co 15:50-58; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: 1 Co 15:58.
– “But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, and discharge all the duties of your ministry.
For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. I have fought the good fight, I have
finished the race, I have kept the faith” 2 Tim 4:5-7
– “I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown” Rev 3:11.
Note: This pericope is published in Malagasy, French, English and German and can be seen on the sites: www.flm67ha.org; www.hifi -madanet.org and on Facebook « HiFi – english »
© Madanet .