FLM TOBY FANANTENANA 67 Ha
Prayer’s communion, Sunday VII before Easter Week from March 13 to March 18, 2017
“God’s salvation has come”
Introduction: God’s salvation has come like a great light that glows over those living in darkness and those held captives in the land of the shadow of death (Is.9:1 / Jn.5:24). Indeed Jesus declared when He read the scroll in the synagogue: “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor” Lk.4 :18-10. Surely the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world, has come to bring salvation (Jn.1:29), consistently with the Angels’ announcement to Joseph: “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins” Mt.1 :20-21. Those who sincerely seek Him can say, as the Samaritan people did to the woman who had talked with Jesus: “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world” Jn.4:42.
Monday 13: God calls men to be saved. “Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth” Is.45:22a.
Reading 1: Acts 5:1-11. Reading 2: Gen.3:1-10. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: Gen.3:1-4. Other references:
– “Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost” Is.55:1.
– “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest” Mt.11:28.
Tuesday 14: God appointed his servants to bring salvation.
“I, the LORD, have called you…to be a light for the Gentiles” Is.42:6.
Reading 1: Jn.8:1-12.Reading 2: Is.42:1-7.Preaching 1(choice). Preaching 2: Is.42:6-7. Other references:
– “This is what the LORD says: “In the time of my favor I will answer you, and in the day of salvation I will help you; I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people, to restore the land and to reassign its desolate inheritances” Is.49:8.
– “And, once made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey Him” Heb.5:9.
Wednesday 15: The forgiveness of sin saves men.
“Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.” Lk.7:48.
Reading 1: Is.44:10-23.Reading 2: Lk.7:36-50.Preaching 1(choice). Preaching 2: Lk.7:47-48. Other references:
– “With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for” Is. 6:7.
– ”When Jesus saw their faith, he said, “Friend, your sins are forgiven” Lk. 5:20.
Thursday 16: The salvation rises upon those who wait for the Lord.
“But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise” Mal 4:2.
Reading 1: Lk.18:1-7.Reading 2: Mal.3:13-4:2. Preaching 1(choice).Preaching 2: Mal.4:2. Other references:
– “I waited patiently for the LORD; He turned to me and heard my cry” Ps.40:1.
– “Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost” Lk.19:9-10.
Friday 17: God saves those who cry out to Him.
“Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted” Mt.15:28a.
Reading 1: Gen.32:23-31. Reading 2: Mt.15:21-28. Preaching 1(choice). Preaching 2: Mt.15:28. Other references:
– “I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey” Ex.3:7-8.
– “For he says, In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you. I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation” 2 Cor.6:2.
Saturday 18: Receive the salvation of God.
“Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts” Heb.3:7,8a.
Reading 1: Eph.6:10-17. Reading 2: Heb.3:7-12. Preaching 1(choice). Preaching 2: Heb.3:7-9. Other references:
– “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land” 2 Chr.7:14.
– “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near” Mt.3:2.
– “He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household” Acts 16:30-31.
Note: This pericope is published in Malagasy, French, English and German and can be seen on the sites www.flm67ha.org; www.hifi-madanet.org and on Facebook « HiFi – english ».
© Madanet .