FLM TOBY FANANTENANA 67 Ha
Communion’s prayer Sunday VIII before Easter
Week from 20 to 25 March, 2017
“The Lord, mighty Savior”
Introduction: The Lord God has given us is a mighty Savior, even his Son Jesus-Christ. David told of Him: “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool“Ps.110:1. He is a shield and a salvation for his people and “an ever-present help in trouble” Ps.46:1, a great confidence for those facing those facing difficulties and struggles. For Jesus said: “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me” Mt.28:18. And thus He said to those who follow Him: “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world” Jn.16:33. He makes known that He surely is called “Faithful and True” (Rev.19:11), so that all who rely on Him can claim: “The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.” “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me” Ps.23:1, 4.
Monday 20: The Lord, the Savior of all who believe.
“The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer” 2 Sa.22:2.
Reading 1: Acts 16:16-31. Reading 2: 2 Sa.22:1-7. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: 2 Sa.22:1-2. Other references:
– “Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; he lifts his voice, the earth melts. The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress” Ps.46:6-7.
– “And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age” Mt.28:20b.
– “What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?” Ro.8:31.
Tuesday 21: The Christ, Mighty Savior, sets men free.
“Then the demon threw the man down before them all and came out without injuring him” Lk.4:35b.
Reading 1: Job 22:21:30. Reading 2: Lk.4:31-37. Preaching 1(choice). Preaching 2: Lk.4:33-35. Other references:
– “My father’s God was my helper; he saved me from the sword of Pharaoh” Ex.18:4.
– “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed” Jn.8:36.
– “Because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death” Ro.8 :2.
Wednesday 22: The Lord Jesus Christ is keen to save men.
“Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep” Lk.15:6b.
Reading 1: Ps.46:1-7. Reading 2: Lk. 15:1-7. Preaching 1(choice). Preaching 2: Lk. 15:6-7. Other references:
– “But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners” Mt.9 :13.
-” I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep” Jn.10 :11.
Thursday 23: Whoever calls on the Lord will be saved.
“And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me” Ps. 50: 15.
Reading 1: Rm.10:4-13 . Reading 2 : Ps.50:7-15. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2 : Ps.50:15. Other references :
– “Let me not be put to shame, O Lord” Ps. 31: 17a.
– “You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you” Ps. 86: 5.
– “He called out: “Son of David, have mercy on me!” Lk. 18 : 38.
– “For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” Rm. 10 :13.
Friday 24: Believe in the Lord, Mighty Savior.
“The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save” Zeph. 3:17a.
Reading 1: Mk 4: 35-41. Reading 2: Zeph 3:16-20. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: Zeph. 3: 17. Other references:
– “Do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand” Is. 41: 10.
– “Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord” Ps. 27: 14.
– “But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid” Mt. 14: 27.
Saturday 25: The Christ, Mighty Savior, lets us inherit His kingdom.
“To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God” Rev 2: 7b.
Reading 1: Mt 25 : 31-36. Reading 2 : Rev 2 :1-7. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2 : Rev 2 : 7. Other references:
– “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil ; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever” Ps 23: 5-6.
– “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world” Mt 25: 34.
Note: This pericope is published in Malagasy, French, English and German and can be seen on the sites: www.flm67ha.org; www.hifi-madanet.org and on Facebook « HiFi – english ».
© Madanet .