FLM TOBY FANANTENANA 67Ha
Communion’s prayer, Sunday IV after Easter
Week from 15 to 20 May 2017
“Praise the Lord”
Introduction: To “praise the Lord” means to exalt His name and to honor Him. For His name is above every name and His glory fills the earth and the heavens. No one can be like Him because He created the universe and everything is His, that’s why the Psalmist exhorts us, saying: “Let them praise the name of the Lord, for His name alone is exalted; His splendor is above the earth and the heavens” Ps 148:13. All the believers have the special obligation to do so, as it is written: “Sing to the Lord, you saints of His; praise His holy name” Ps 30:4. And He emphasized this, as He said: “a son honors his father and a servant his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?’ says the Lord Almighty” Mal 1:6a. Blessed are those whose life are filled with the praise of God, for God is near those who worship Him and offers a great promise: “Those who honor me I will honor” 1 Sam 2:30. The praise of God triumphs over all the devil’s power and takes the people of God away from all temptation that may come along their way. Therefore, “sing to the Lord, praise His name; proclaim His salvation day after day” Ps 96:2.
Monday 15: Praise the Lord for His name’s sake.
“Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name” Is 12:4a.
Reading 1: Acts 22:6-16; Reading 2: Is 12:2-4; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Is 12:4. Other references:
– “Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know” Jer 33:3.
– “For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” Rm 10:13.
– “He replied, ‘Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: ‘these people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me” Mk 7:6.
Tuesday 16: Praise the Lord thanks to His mercy.
“I will praise the Lord. Although You were angry with me, Your anger has turned away and You have comforted me” Is 12:1.
Reading 1: Ps 103:8-16; Reading 2: Is 12:1-2; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Is 12:1. Other references:
– “But in your great mercy you did not put an end to them or abandon them, for You are a gracious and merciful God” Neh 9:31.
– “Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and He relents from sending calamity” Joe 2:13.
– “For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgement of God rather than burnt offerings” Hos 6:6.
Wednesday 17: Praise the Lord for all His doings.
“Sing to the Lord, for He has done glorious thing; let this be known to all the world” Is 12:5
Reading 1: Eph 2:4-10; Reading 2: Is 12:5-6; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Is 12:5. Other references:
– “God saw all that He had made, and it was very good” Gen 1:31.
– “People were overwhelmed with amazement. ‘He has done everything well,’ they said. ‘He even makes the deaf hear and the mute speak” Mk 7:37
Thursday 18: Praise the Lord for the priesthood that He performs.
“You are a priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek” Heb 5:6.
Reading 1: Is 53: 4-8; Reading 2: Heb 5:1-10; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Heb 5:5-6. Other references:
– Jesus said ‘Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.’ And they divided up his clothes by casting lots” Lk 23:34.
– “Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died – more than that, who was raised to life – is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us” Rom 8:33-34.
Friday 19: The believers are sanctified to praise God.
“Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth” Jn 17:17.
Reading 1: Rom 12:1-2; Reading 2: Jn 17:9-17; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Jn 17:17. Other references:
– “Regard them as holy, because they offer up the food of your God. Consider them holy, because I the Lord am holy – I who make you holy” Lev 21:8.
– “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light” 1 Pet 2:9.
Saturday 20: Give thanks to the Lord, sing praise to His name. “And they sang a new song: ‘you are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals” Rev 5:9.
Reading 1: Jer 33:8-11; Reading 2: Rev 5:6-10; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Rev 5:9-10. Other references:
– “Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, his love endures forever” Ps 118:29.
– “Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord” Ps 150:6.
– “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father” Phil 2:10-11.
Note: This periscope is published in Malagasy, French, English and Deutsch and can be seen on the sites www.flm67ha.org and www.hifi-madanet.org and on Facebook “HiFi – english ”.