FLM TOBY FANANTENANA 67 Ha
Communion’s prayer, Pentecost I and II
Week from 05 to 10 June 2017
“The Holy Spirit, God with His people”
Introduction: “God with His people”. This is fulfilled through the coming of the Holy Spirit. For the gift of the Holy Spirit from God expresses the fullness of God’s love, as did the gift of Jesus Christ, His only Son, “that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life” Jn 3:16b. This is the fulfillment of Jesus’ words of comfort and reassurance to his disciples when He said: “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you” Jn 14:18. In truth, Jesus built in the depth of his people’s heart the intimate union with him as He said: “And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever – the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you know Him, for He lives with you and will be in you” Jn 14:16-17. In this regard, He still orders His people, saying: “Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me” Jn 15:4. “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love” Jn 15:9.
Monday 05: God with His people.
“I will pour out my Spirit on all people” Joel 3:1a.
Reading 1: Acts 2:1-4; Reading 2: Joel 3:1-5; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Joel 3:1-2. Other references:
– “They will know that I am the Lord their God, who brought them out of Egypt so that I might dwell among them. I am the Lord their God” Ex 29:46.
– “For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: ‘I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people” 2 Cor 6:16.
Tuesday 06: The Holy Spirit testifies about God.
“He will testify about me” Jn 15:26b.
Reading 1: Eph 1:17-23; Reading 2: Jn 15:20-26; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Jn 15:26. Other references:
– “His father Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied” Lk 1:67.
– “Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: ‘Rulers and elders of the people!” Acts 4:8.
– “After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly” Acts 4:31.
Wednesday 07: The Holy Spirit draws us to come to Jesus.
“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him” Jn 6:44a.
Reading 1: Heb 3:7-14; Reading 2: Jn 6:44-51; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Jn 6:44. Other references:
– “When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, ‘let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about” Lk 2:15
– “All that the Father gives to me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away” Jn 6:37.
Thursday 08: The Holy Spirit unifies us with God.
“If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit” Jn 15:5b.
Reading 1: Ps 92: 5-15; Reading 2: Jn 15:1-11; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Jn 15:5. Other references:
– “God, who has called you into fellowship with His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful” 1 Cor 1:9.
– “May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all” 2 Cor 13:14.
– “We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son, Jesus Christ” 1 Jn 1:3.
Friday 09: The Holy Spirit unifies God’s household.
“For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body” 1 Cor 12:13a.
Reading 1: Ps 133:1-3; Reading 2: 1 Cor 12:12-20; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: 1 Cor 12:13. Other references:
– “Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name – the name you gave me – so that they may be one as we are one” Jn 17:11b.
– “Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position” Rom 12:16.
– “Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble” 1 Pet 3:8.
Saturday 10: The Holy Spirit seals the covenant with God.
“I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts” Jer 31:33b.
Reading 1: Jn 14:15-17; Reading 2: Jer 31: 31-36; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Jer 31:33. Other references:
– “As for me, this is my covenant with them,’ says the Lord. ‘My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever,’ says the Lord” Is 59:21.
– “I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord” Ez 37:14.
Note: This pericope is published in Malagasy, French, English and German and can be seen on the sites www.flm67ha.org and www.hifi-madanet.org and on Facebook “Hifi – english”