FLM TOBY FANANTENANA 67 Ha
Communion’s prayer Sunday II after Trinity
Week from 26 June to 01 July, 2017
“God comes to his people”
Introduction: “God comes to his people”: this is a reason for great rejoicing to those who believe in his Name and trust in his salvation. For He is not a human subject to weaknesses, that He should change his love for his people, as He said: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness” Jer.31:3. It was said at the time of Jesus’ departure from this world to the Father: “having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end” Jn.13:1. In truth, God does not go back on the covenant He has made with his people, as He says: “Though the mountain be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you” Is. 54:10. Therefore He does not forget his elect, even those who have acknowledged Him and who are his possession (1 Pet.2:9). And He says to them: “You are my servant; I have chosen you and have not rejected you” Is.41:9? Would God leave or reject his people? By no means! (Rom.11:1). The Lord comes surely to his people when they are facing struggle, and gives them a great promise: “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish” Is.41:10-11.
Monday 26: God comes to save his people.
“Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us” Is 25:9a.
Reading 1: Rev 22: 10-21; Reading 2: Is 25:6-9; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Is 25:9. Other references:
– “She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins” Mt 1:21.
– “The angel said to them: ‘Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord” Lk 2:10-11.
Tuesday 27: God pays back the ungodly.
“The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness…” Rom.1:18.
Reading 1: Is.42:13-17; Reading 2: Rom.1:18-25; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Rom.1:18. Other references:
– “And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming” 2 Thes.2:8.
– “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done” Rev.22:12.
Wednesday 28: The believers make common cause with God.
“And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple” Lk.14:27
Reading 1: 2 Cor.4:7-11; Reading 2: Lk.14:25-35; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Lk.14:27. Other references:
– “So that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is a gain” Phil.1: 20b-21.
– “Here is the trustworthy saying: If we died with Him, we will also live with Him; if we endure, we will also reign with Him” 2Tim.:11-12a.
Thursday 29: God comes to his people: a shining light.
“Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you” Is.60:1.
Reading 1: Lk.2:25-33.; Reading 2: Is.60:1-3.; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Is.60:1. Other references:
– “But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall” Mal.3:20a.
– “When Jesus spoke again to the people, He said: ‘I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life” Jn.8:12.
Friday 30: God comes to his people: reason for great joy.
“The disciples where overjoyed when they saw the Lord” Jn.20:20.
Reading 1: Zec.9:8-12.; Reading 2: Jn.20:11-20.; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Jn.20:20. Other references:
– “There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. God is within her, she will not fall…” Ps.46:4-5
– “Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you now dismiss your servant in peace. For my eyes have seen your salvation, … all light for revelation to the Gentiles and for glory to your people Israel” Lk.2:29-32.
Saturday 01: God lets his people inherit his kingdom.
“Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you…” Mt.25:34.
Reading 1: Rom.8:14-17.; Reading 2: Mt.25:31-40.; Preaching 1 (choice); Preaching 2: Mt.25:34. Other references:
– “For you must go with this people into the land that the LORD swore to their forefathers to give them, and you must divide it among them as their inheritance” Deu.31:7b.
– “Listen my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?” Js.2:5.
Nota: This pericope is published in Malagasy, French, English and German and can be seen on the sites: www.flm67ha.org and www.hifi-madanet.org and on Facebook “HiFi – english”.