FLM TOBY FANANTENANA 67 Ha
Communion’s prayer, Sunday V after Trinity
Week from 17 to 22 July 2017
“God is the Lord”
Introduction: God is the Lord. He created the whole world by means of His word. For it is written: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made” Jn 1:1-3. He did this to display His name’s glory, but also to bring His grace to us humans, whom He created in His image (Gen 1: 26) and to whom He gave authority to rule over all His creatures (Gen 1:28). Following our fall into sin, He appeared to be our redeemer (Lk 1:68). He deserves to receive honor and glory as Lord. In this respect, He said: “A son honors his father, and a servant his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?’ says the Lord Almighty” Mal 1:6a. Those practising it will enjoy the fulfillment of God’s word. In this connection, the Apostle Paul said: “For no matter how many promises God has made, they are ‘Yes’ in Christ. And so through him the ‘Amen’ is spoken by us to the glory of God” 2 Cor 1:20
Monday 17: GOD IS THE LORD.
« Then they will know that my name is the Lord » Jer.16: 21b.
Reading 1: 2 Pet.2: 1-10. Reading 2: Jer.16: 4-21. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: Jer.16: 19-21. Other references:
– « You shall have no other goods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers » Ex.20: 3-5. – « I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from me there is no savior » Is.43: 11.
Tuesday 18: God, the Lord Almighty.
« So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge » Rom.3: 4b. Reading 1: Gen.18: 22-33. Reading 2: Rom.3: 1-20. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: Rom.3: 4. Other references:
– « When I act, who can reverse it? » Is.43: 13b.
– « The Angel answered, ‘the Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God » Lk.1: 35.
Wednesday 19: Jesus Christ, the Son, is Lord.
« Rabbi, you are the Son of God » Jn.1: 49a.
Reading 1: Phil.2: 6-10. Reading 2: Jn.1: 35-51. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: Jn.1: 49. Other references:
– « And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father » Jn.14: 13. – « He is: ‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone.’ Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved » Acts.4: 11-12.
– « That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father » Phil.2: 10-11.
Thursday 20: The Lord God fulfills His word.
« For nothing is impossible with God » Lk.1: 37.
Reading 1: Nom.23: 13-20. Reading 2: Lk.1: 30-38. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: Lk.1: 37. Other references:
– « As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth. It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it » Is.55: 10-11.
– « But just say the word, and my servant will be healed » Mt.8: 8b.
– « Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! »Lk.1: 45.
Friday 21: The Lord God must be obeyed.
« To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams » 1 Sam.15: 22.
Reading 1: Mt.7: 24-29. Reading 2: 1 Sam.15: 16-23. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: 1 Sam.15: 22. 23 Other references: – « Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening » 1 Sam.3: 9.
– « For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother » Mt 12:50. – « He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches » Rev.2: 7.
Saturday 22: God must not be replaced with idols.
« For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do » 1 Pet.4: 3.
Reading 1: Acts 17: 22-30. Reading 2: 1 Pet.4: 1-7. Preaching 1 (choice). Preaching 2: 1 Pet.4: 3. Other references:
– « You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself? » Lk.12: 20.
-« So then, no more boasting about men! All things are yours » 1 Cor.3: 21. – « For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs” 1 Tim 6: 10.
Nota: This pericope is published in Malagasy, French, English and German, and can be seen on the sites www.flm67ha.org and www.hifi-madanet.org and on Facebook “Hifi-english”.